Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Ken

I moved closer, relishing the fact of being close to you, warming your tender hands once again, I felt the warmth, the cosiness, the robust beat of my heart, I felt... love.

I tied my arms around your waist as you clinged yours around my neck. I was indolent and bashful as I stare you right in the eye in hopes that this night would never end. The still, silent and feeble gush of the wind wasn't anything but obscure to me. All I could hear was your heartbeat racing and mine totally captivated by it.

The candlelight on the table gave light to what otherwise would be a dark, gloomy and inanimate night. You adhered yourself towards me, with your lips heading towards mine...but that's when you stopped and bent down a little. I wondered whether it was me, or was it what happened between us, I did not know, I did not bother. I just wanted you close to me. Engulfed by that feeling, with a lift of a finger, I tilted your head back up and sparks flew.

That one kiss, so amiable, so lovely, so memorable, so unbelievable, but yet it seemed so wrong, yet so right. The then sudden beep of my cellphone played, and I knew it was over. What we had, what we've gone through, what we've brought up, we just let it crumble and shatter like broken glass. You repelled yourself from me, I didn't stop you. You then moved yourself closer, and that delicate smile you made me see, and with that you whispered into my ears, "I love you".

I was in awe, absolutely exhilarated yet so bewildered by your grace and elegance. You then picked up your purse and left through the door. I couldn't stop you, I knew you had to go, I knew you did not want to stay any longer, and at long last, I finally came to know, what is...

Love.




No comments: