Saturday, November 17, 2007

Ken

My nose detected that ever so familiar fragrance, my ears heard that ever so familiar voice, I thought it was you and I tilted my head up and glanced from left to right, only to realize it was just another day-dream. There I was, in the middle of the park, laying on the freshly painted park bench, in which it seemed so smooth and comforting. I tilted my head back down, and the river of emotions and the tide of memories rushed through my head and I yet again, sat back and licked my wounds.

It was exactly five hours since you left me, leaving me here, all alone, so feeble and vulnerable. I could feel the push of the wind when people walk by, the vibration of the tree trunk where the woodpecker would stroke it with its beak. I felt helpless, as though the only thread that I was clinging onto, just snapped and left me falling into a bottomless pit. I needed comfort, I needed company, I needed love, but most of all, I needed you. I could not contemplate your departure, neither could I comprehend the reason for it. But I guess I was acting absurd myself, for I let you go without uttering a single word to hinder you from leaving the car.

I know now that if it wasn't for what has happened, I might not have known how much my heart can take. The invulnerability that you have endowed and showered me with for these couple of years, totally captivated me and made me love you that little bit more every single day. Your presence was amiable, it was imperative, it was robust, I could even feel you at the very beat of my heart, and then that's when you surreptitiously struck an arrow right through it. I felt hurt, I felt upset, I felt sad, and I felt betrayed. I guess betrayal is something common to an uncommon and conceited person like yourself, but that uncommonness is what made me wanted to explore you even more, to know you even better, to love you and see what might happen next.

I guess I dare say now that I have loved and lost, but it's indubitably far much better to do so than to never have loved at all. A foliage of leaves lay on the ground as I stood up, my head still tilted downwards, I walked along the pavement away from that very park bench, the park bench, where I met you...and we fell in love.




No comments: