Monday, December 17, 2007

Ken

This is gonna be a long, and heavy post, full of words, not pictures, I repeat, words. You hate reading, don't read at all, if you think you can read, then please read till the end. Thanks.

==================================

When I first set foot on the hallways of high school, I didn't expect much to become of it. I was pretty much more contented with following the tide, and join the flow of things. But I guess that isn't what high school is about, isn't it? It's about growing up, and learning about life.

There are things I have done in my 5 years here at St. John's which I'm not particularly proud of, and there are things that I have done that will always be buried in my heart. I realize over the course of these few years, it's not about what you do or who you are, it's about what you have become.

Form 1 is quite a stepping stone in my times at high school, I had many friends, many, or so I think they were my friends. I was never that much the person I am now back then, as I was more nerdy, I admit, nerdy, coz I was scoring above excellent results in my examinations, wtf. So I guess that makes me nerdy? I was pretty much just following everyone else, being like everyone else, doing what everyone else does. But I guess, that isn't the way things are set out to be.

Form 2 is where things changed, it was 'the' year I had most fun and enjoyed myself most. Why? Because I started becoming me, acting like me, not anyone else, but me, myself and I. Everything changed, I met the stonest person one could ever meet in Jonathan ( sicko, hahaha ) and we were pretty much wrecking down the school bit by bit. I didn't study no more since form 2, my grades dropped tremendously, but hell, I enjoyed every second of the year.

I met many people then, I then thought, the more people you knew, the more you would be like popular, the more you are admired, the classier your rep is gonna be. But I learnt what the true meaning of things when I met a precious gem in December. One that has set the tone for my life for the next 3 years.

She wasn't that much someone I knew, but she was someone I had to know. It was till I met her is when I realize, it's never about being popular, it's never about how many people you know, it's never about meeting many people, it's never about how many people admire you or like you, it's never about how many people knows you, it's never about being the center of attention, because at the end of the day, the one that matters is, who remembers you.

I now know that it doesn't matter about how many people you associate yourself with, because I find it absurd to seek attention that much. It's just stupid, I've been there, and trust me, when you've gone through hell, you'll realize there isn't really that many people there next to you. It's about who you want to be with, who you want to remember you, and about who you think is important.

Popularity is something you must look beyond, it's something which blocks the limits of discovering new things about life. It's never about the quantity of the people you know, it's always about the quality of the people you know. Or if that's how you put it. I learnt that it's not about being noticed, seeking attention, or being recognized, but it's who you know and who you keep close to you is what makes life that tad bit lovely.

And for that, I could never repay this gem, for teaching me this, a truly remarkable 3years it has been. Thanks for the memories, and everything else, it'll stay in my heart forever. =)

And now, I just can't comprehend why people like attention seeking so much, why they like having many people around them all the time, it's just plainly absurd. I'd rather spend time with less people, but the people that I want to spend time with and I know will always be there when I need them, be it spending time with 3-4 people. I'd rather do that than to be spending time with 20+ people whom I just know by relations of "friend" but not the person that's important in my life.

Form 3 is where things start to shape up, I was creating my own tide now, not following the usual flow, but setting my own one now. Form 3 I wasn't much that active in school anymore, besides having representing the school for basketball, badminton and volleyball, I was pretty much building up my relationship with my ex. I realized things that needed some realization and thus, I have become a better person today. Towards the end of the year, everything turned out smoothly, relationship wise and academically wise, we made it a year unofficially together and I snapped up 7A's for my PMR respectively. =)




Edit : To be continued.






No comments: