Sunday, January 20, 2008

Ken

It was a cool breezy night, or should I say dusk. The setting was the park, in which would never seem so real, so well-maintained in Malaysia. We were sitting on a bench, consumed by the darkness that was surrounding the scene. We were sitting with a someone which I thought should be an unknown, but yet, seemed all so familiar.

I didn't know much about him, and I couldn't bother. You were there, and that's all that matters. Your presence captivated me, and thus, I felt such warmth and love. I dozed off, yes, funny as that may sound. The silence of the night, the darkness which engulfed the park, the hush of the wind made the scene seem every bit perfect.

But when I woke up, it was merely a reflection of what seemed to be a distorted night. It was 4am as I looked, you were not beside me, neither was he. I was puzzled, confused, lost, I was overwhelmed by the thought that you went off without even telling me.

I was a lost sparrow, seeking its path to return to its nest. But I guess, it was never to be found. I tried my best to look around, but the eerie and unfriendly silence of the park pushed me to leave it and head to the streets in search of you. It was approaching dawn, I tried to recall where we were supposed to go, I did not know why I didn't use my cell, but it didn't matter.

I asked an old folk nearby the streets, she was homeless, jobless, a bit over the age of 70, but no matter, she told me about where you headed, with him. I was a lil' distorted, yet confused, but I went up to the hotel and with some luck, I found my way to you.

I looked on in quite disbelief as you seemed to adhere yourself to him, with several more people in the background which went unnoticed in my thoughts. I asked you to why you left me there, and sadly, there wasn't much explanation needed. A little sigh is all I could have mustered, and all you said was that you were forced to.

I then came to the decision that I had enough, that this was the final straw. I could not tolerate any more of this inconsolable nonsense. I had nothing left to say, and all I could do was to leave with every bit of pride left in me. As to the thought of you chasing after me to seize me in my footsteps, you tried, but only till he called back your name.

As from that point, I realized, what we shared was merely a deceitful feeling which has fooled me into believing that I truly knew you well enough, and guess I was more than wrong into believing in that. I left the hotel, in search of a way back.

The vivid sky made its way and covered the what used to be a dark gloomy night sky. I tried to get a cab, but was to no avail. And that's when my phone rang, and a friend asked me about college assignments, and that's when I.. I woke up from my sleep and embraced reality.





No comments: